The Race Street Pier located on the Delaware River waterfront in Philadelphia, PA. This is a more newly renovated pier.
It is an exceptional set to bring a toddler. From early walkers to running rascals this Pier is safe, beautiful, and engaging.
Link to the website for more information on Race Street Pier
Toddler Around Race Street Pier:
- Collect, observe and enjoy all the acorns. (In the fall)
- Climb, run, jump, skip, eat. The space is deigned for movement and gross motor engagement.
- Observe beautiful scenery as the Race Street Pier is located next to the Ben Franklin Bridge and on the Delaware River there is so much wonder to see.
- Meet new people. The pier is utilized for a variety of purpose. Say hello and make new friends.
- Bring snacks and hydration and stay awhile.
- Take a nap in the grass and let the sunshine wash over you.
- Play games, sing songs, draw, ride a bike, have a picnic, etc. There is so much to do at Race Street Pier there is grass, tress, benches for seating, stadium bench seating, pavement, and decking.
- Language Acquisition: There is so much to do and explore at Race Street Pier so be mindful to enhance your child’s experience by providing language that describes the environment. Speak about what you see, hear, smell, touch, taste and feel (as in feelings).
I hope you will get you there and enjoy Race Street as much a we do!
Toddlering Around at Race Street Pier: